In light of the seriousness of the Covid-19 situation, use of the Club is strictly conditional on the full adherence to the rules set out below. Known acts of non-compliance may result in sanctions being imposed by the club on offending members. Responsibility for complying with the Club Rules and the general Government social distancing and hygiene requirements rests with individual members.
1. Activities will be limited to court use and coaching sessions involving no more that TWO people per court, other than where players are from the same household where doubles play is permitted.
2. Use of the courts will be limited to club members only, ie. NO GUESTS are permitted to play.
3. Courts must be pre-booked using the online electronic booking system. Members will not be permitted to turn up to play without a confirmed booking. A maximum of ONE HOUR will be permitted per playing session to give all members a fair chance to use the available courts. A gap of 30 mins should be left between bookings to avoid congestion where players are leaving/arriving.
4. Courts 2 and 4 WILL NOT BE USED to enhance the ease of adherence to the social distancing measures. The nets on these courts have been lowered and the winders, net measures and scoring boxes have been removed from all courts.
5. Players must provide their own equipment (racquets and tennis balls). For singles play only, members must only serve with their own set of tennis balls, marked with their initials, to avoid having to handles those belonging to others.
6. If changing ends, this should be done at opposite ends of the net.
7. The Clubhouse will remain CLOSED except in the event of an emergency/injury where access is required to either the defibrillator or the first aid equipment. Therefore there will be no toilet or kitchen facilities.
8. For the foreseeable future, given the time of year, play will be limited to daylight hours only, to avoid the need for floodlights to be switched on/off within the clubhouse.
9. Hand sanitiser stations have been ordered and will be positioned outside each of the 2 access gates and inside, adjacent to courts 1,3 and 5. These are due to arrive next week, in the meantime members must provide their own as a condition of play.
10. Ground markings are displayed to remind all those entering and exiting the courts to maintain a minimum of 2m distance between them. Please also familiarise yourselves with the notices displayed on the court gates prior to play.
11. The benches and umpire chairs located on the courts have been taped up and must not be used to sit on or store clothing/equipment/drinks etc.
12. Spectating is discouraged. Where attendance of a parent/guardian (non-participant) is required, it will be limited to one per player where possible, with social distancing observed while watching the sessions.
We realise some of these measures may feel draconian, but they are necessary for the time being to enable us to start playing again.
Thank you in advance to everyone for their understanding and consideration for other members. For those of you who choose to do so, enjoy your time back on court.
Should you have any questions, please contact Lee Palmer email@example.com / 07788 240700
Reminder of how to renew your membership:
Membership can be renewed online via the Danbury tennis club website. Follow the links to ‘membership’ and online payments can be made using a credit/debit card, PayPal account or through BACS. All details can be found on the website. There will be an adjustment made at the end of the membership year (31/3/2021) to extend the membership period to take account of the lockdown.